Talking Artworlds: What is wrong with the artworld(s)?Conference Arts Visual Design New Media
Talking Artworlds is a two-day programme of thought-provoking talks and panel discussions which gathers local and international artists, curators and key cultural figures who will share their experiences and collectively debate relevant topics of contemporary’s cultural scene.
“What is wrong with the artworld(s)?” is the central theme from which we will touch upon topics from artistic practices, new media projects, cultural initiatives and digital festivals at the intersection of arts and technology.
Among the participating guest speakers of Talking Artworlds are:
– Anna Ådahl | Visual artist and practice-based Fine Art PhD candidate at the Royal College of Art, London. Based in Stockholm and London.
– Andrei Breahna | Cultural manager, gallerist, art collector and cofounder of GAEP gallery.
– Ruxandra Demetrescu | Art historian, curator and professor of art history and theory at UNArte – National University of Arts, Bucharest.
– Anca Drăgoi | Executive director Fundația9, founder of Partnerships for the Arts, former Secretary of State in the Ministry of Culture.
– Cornel Lazia | Visual artist who works with digital photography and cinematography known for his portrait and fashion projects as well as fine-art photography series.
– SAINT MACHINE | Experimental artist and curator, interested in the conceptual aspects of perception and the notion of space as a living structure.
– Melodie Mousset | Award-winning French artist, oscillating between virtual and physical realms. Lives and works in Zurich.
– Răzvan Pascu | Visual artist, working with video and projection mapping, artistic director of Amural Festival.
– David Quiles Guillo | Cultural entrepreneur, curator, writer and art director, founder of The Wrong New Digital Art Biennale. Based in Alicante, Spain.
– Thorsten Wiedemann | Founder and director of A MAZE., producer and curator of festivals, exhibitions and workshops. Based in Berlin.
The complete programme to be announced very soon.
Talking Artworlds is part of Bucharest Artworlds at The Wrong Biennale #4, a programme curated by Artworlds (Lavinia Cazacu and Cosmin Mitea) and funded by: Fundația9, Goethe-Institut Bucuresti, Ambasada Suediei din Bucureşti / Sveriges ambassad i Bukarest.
Co-producer: Rezidența BRD Scena9
Partner venue: POINT Cultural Hub
This event is open to all, however, email reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org are recommended but not required. Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.